Story – Fact vs Fiction: Are Fruits Fattening
Airdate: Ep 2, 5 May 2019
Presenter – Dr Shy Vishnumohan
Ever wonder about the sugar content of fruit? Dr Shy gives us her nutritional insight and tips on fruit as part of your daily diet.
- Australia grows some of the safest and highest quality fruit in the world!
- BUT on average, 50% of Aussies aren’t getting their daily intake of fruit. Are you?
- Some fad diets are encouraging people to cut out fruit, but, according to Dr Shy, you’ll be losing more than your gaining by doing that!
- Whole fruit is high in fibre and water; both essential for everyday health. It’s also a natural portion control, keeping you fuller longer.
- Whole fruit does have sugar, but the good kind! It’s a slow releasing fructose that’s naturally absorbed in the body.
- Try eating at least 2 pieces of fruit a day!