Story: 4-Ways Fresh
Airdate: Ep 3, 12 May 2019
Presenter: Stuart Laws
WA’s Midwest is emerging as a fresh produce mecca! Stuart travels up to Geraldton to find out about the produce being harvested in their ideal climate!
- 4-ways Fresh is a great farming success story of our Midwest region, delivering high quality produce to our WA consumers.
- They use modern farming techniques to produce an impressive volume of fresh produce.
- This is a family owned company that’s been around for 25 years bringing their Vietnamese heritage and to our WA produce.
- They produce, pick, pack, and sell all their own produce, making it a whole family operation and putting them at the forefront of modern farming techniques.
- 4-ways Fresh currently has 15 hectares of greenhouse, which they hope to double in the coming years.
- When deciding to expand their operation, Geraldton was an easy choice for 4-ways Fresh, because the yield rates and climate conditions are nearly perfect!
- Greenhouse farming is their primary mode of farming at 4-ways, which allows them to control the climate and pests in their large-scale farming facility.
- They grow an impressive 2.5 million continental cucumbers and 300 thousand Lebanese cucumbers every year.
- As part of a Vietnam governmental programme, 4-ways Fresh is also starting a training scheme, offering horticultural knowledge and practices to newly graduated Vietnamese students in a cultural knowledge-sharing scheme.
- On top of everything else, they also use 80% rainwater in their practices, making 4-ways fresh an impressive operation!