Airdate: Ep. 8, 16 June 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Often we think of Parsley as just a garnish on our meals, but Trevor has some nutritional information about this common herb which may make you re-think how often you use it!
- Parsley is a nutritional powerhouse containing vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as high amounts of iron and potassium
- Parsley is a natural diuretic, which means it helps reduce water retention and bloating.
- There are two types commonly found in gardens: flat leaf Italian and curly leaf
- Growing parsley is super easy! Just head down to your local Bunnings and pick up some Swan Valley Nursery parsley pot plants
- Plant your parsley in an open sunny area in a free draining soil to get the most out of your plant.
- If your parsley is nice and healthy, it will go to seed and colonise parts of your garden so you won’t have to buy more parsley plants!