Story: Mt Barker Free Range Chicken
Airdate: Ep 9, 30 June 2019
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Do we really understand the importance of where our chicken comes from? Stuart heads to Mt Barker to learn about the great work they’re doing!
- As the pioneers of free-range farming in WA, Mt. Barker Chicken make their chickens health and happiness, their top priority.
- A 20-year old family business, they are at the forefront of modern-age farming.
- Their chickens are raised the way they used to be; outside from dawn till dusk, making for happier, healthier chickens.
- And they don’t use any antibiotics!
- Mt Barker Chicken believes that chickens that live in a stress-free environment have superior taste and texture.
- Executive Chef Herman DeSouza has worked alongside top chefs at high profile restaurants, like Rockpool and The Richardson and now he’s creating authentic meals with Mt Barker.
- Mt Barker has their fresh range and also their value-added products available in stores across Australia.
- With their value-added products, Herman and his team do all the hard work for you, creating delicious marinades for their chicken! This range includes: Basil Pesto Chicken Strips and Peri Peri Chicken Winglets.
- They also have a fully cooked range at Mt Barker too! These ready-to-eat packs are great for those on the go!
- Mt Barker Chicken really is a fantastic West Australian Product! Head to their website or your local supermarket to see all the products they have on offer.