Story: Matilda Bay Restaurant
Airdate: Ep 9, 30 June 2019
Presenter: Peter Manifis
There are few places in Perth as tranquil and picturesque as Matilda Bay Reserve and Matilda Bay Restaurant is perfectly located right on the water!
- Nestled on the Swan River and overlooking the CBD, Matilda Bay Restaurant has the ultimate location!
- Matilda Bay’s carefully curated menu uses locally sourced ingredients, ensuring the freshest and best quality meals!
- Warwick Lavis took charge of Matilda Bay in 1984, revitalising it with his unique charm and innovative style
- Matilda Bay prides itself on having a strong and committed staff team, including their head chef Angelo Nici who has been at the restaurant for the last 26 years!
- The location is steeped in WA history too! You can see historical pictures of Crawley and the area if you head on down to Matilda Bay.
- Did you know that Crawley was once one of the top spots for people to learn to swim?
- During the Second World War, the Catalina Flying Boats came right into Matilda Bay!
- Royal Perth Yacht Club is right next door as well.
- They’re not just a restaurant either! They have 3 beautiful function rooms for large parties and intimate gatherings with the best backdrop in all of Perth.
- Planning your next birthday party or wedding? Get in touch with Matilda Bay, they are on hand and ready to help plan your perfect event.
- Their house wine really is theirs! They have a winery Ironcloud Wines, based down in Fergusson Valley and you can get a tipple or two at the restaurant.
- Their most popular wine at the moment? Their GSM Purple Patch, which is the perfect blend year-round!
- They also have a purpose-built cool room where they dry-age their beef, which they’ve been specialising in for the last decade.
- Their impressive dry-aged beef is cooked over white-hot coals which seals in the juiciest bbq flavours, making it the best beef you’ll have in WA.
- Matilda Bay restaurant is open daily for all your food and drink needs. They also have the Bayside Kitchen located just down the path for a yummy breakfast, lunch, or coffee and cake.
- Located at 3 Hackett Drive, Crawley. Pop on down there soon and look out for the dolphins in the bay while you’re there!