Presenter: Blake Proud
Air Date: 18th October 2020
On his hunt for the best burgers in Perth, Blake makes a stop at the legendary RoyAl’s in Wembley.
- RoyAl’s opened their first restaurant in Victoria Park four years ago.
- They cemented their place as burger royalty in the Perth foodie scene with their epic burgers, use of premium local produce and special attention to customer service.
- As their popularity spread, so did their restaurants. They now have additional locations in Northbridge and Wembley.
- Al and his brother, Ken, put customer service at the top of their priorities. They believe they’ve done their job well if the customer comes away from RoyAl’s happy.
- RoyAl’s support many local talents and artists. The brothers’ childhood friend, Jason Green, did all of the murals in their stores.
- Their Victoria Park restaurant is moving to a larger premises, which will have a small bar for their customers to enjoy. This should be completed by November.
- All of the produce used in their burgers is sourced locally, from the buns to the beef and the vegetables.
- Their best-seller, the RoyAl cheese, is made with a milk bun, cheese, tomato sauce, mustard, pickled onions, pickles and a beef patty.
- Their King of Crowns burger is made with a special sauce, slaw, a beef patty with mac ‘n’ cheese on top, pickles, bacon, onion rings and French fries.