Story: Perth’s Pizzas
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Air Date: 11 April 2021
On his hunt for the best pizzas in Perth, Theo makes a stop at the popular Canteen in to try their renowned pizza, drink some wine and have a good time!
- Almost 4 years ago, Canteen came to life over two men’s shared love of Neapolitan pizza.
- The ethos of Canteen, put simply; is pizza, wine and a real good time! Everything is made from scratch from the best ingredients.
- The style of pizza Canteen makes is as close to the Naples-style pizza you would receive in the motherland. It’s super thin with a puffy crust and a little soft in the middle.
- The drinks and wine list at Canteen are Italian-inspired and showcase small local and Italian producers who are passionate about what happens in the vineyard as opposed to the winery.
- The Canteen menu is bolstered by a strong kitchen offer lead by Nicola Lunardi. His side of the menu includes whole oven-roasted local fish, porchetta, an array of classic and not so classic antipasti and tiramisu.
- Canteen’s most popular pizza is the Bufala. It is made up of their hallmark dough, tomato and cheese. With such simplicity, it’s the quality of these 3 ingredients shines.
- All of Canteen’s vegetables, seafood and porchetta are sourced locally and their menu only uses seasonal ingredients.