Story: Halls Dairy
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Air Date: 5 September 2021
There’ snothing better than a slice of locally made cheese to compliment a glass of redon your weekend. Stuart Laws travels to a fifth-generation dairy farm that’s behind one of Australia’s best cheeses.
- The Halls family are 5th generation farmers and have been milking cows in the Wokaluparea for over 100 years.
- Halls Dairy is 100% family-owned and run. They are working hard to make it sustainable for their 4 children’s futures.
- Halls Suzette is an elegant soft, washed-rind cheese styled on the French Pont l’Eveque from Normandy. It is made with 100% Normande cow’s milk from the only herd of purebred Normande cows in Australia.
- The Halls Dairy Normandy Cows have been carefully bred over the last 20 years with the first genetics being shipped directly from France.
- With public demand higher than ever for local produce, Halls Dairy provides a local product, one of the best cheeses in Australia, while supporting our local community and economy.
- Philip, Suzanne & Tavis Hall are genuine Dairy Farmers who get up at 3am every day of the year to milk their beautiful cows, all of which have names.
- Halls Dairy proudly produces an amazing artisan product and delivers it themselves straight to the kitchen for chefs or to shop doors.