Story: IGA EP 7 – Bravo Apples and Vanilla Tart
Episode: Episode 7
Presenter: Brendan Pang
Air Date: 29th May 2022
Bravo Apples (Bravo Apples Hero Line) Segment, brought to you by IGA Supermarkets, featuring IGA Tucker Fresh Dalkeith.
- Bravo apples have a unique burgundy skin that sets them apart on shelf.
- Their sweet and juicy flavor mean they are rated as Australia’s best tasting apple.
- With a high concentration of flavonoids, not only are they excellent for your health, but unlike other apples, their flesh is ultra slow to turn brown.
- Bravo apples are proudly grown by more than 80 growers across Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria.
- Brandon welcomes Dom Sheed from the West Coast Eagles.
Recipe Apple and Vanilla Tart.
- Melted butter, to grease.
- 1 sheet (25cm x 25cm) frozen puff pastry, thawed slightly.
- 50g almond meal.
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar.
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked.
- 1 – 2 large bravo apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced.
- 3 tbsp apricot or plum jam or (but any is fine).
- Crème fraiche, to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Trim pastry to a round circle and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Score a 2cm border around, halfway through.
- Combine almond meal, vanilla sugar, cinnamon and egg white, and spread evenly over the pastry.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Top pastry with a layer of apples that are overlapping.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Melt jam by microwaving for about 1 minute. Brush evenly over apples and pastry.
- Slice tart into quarters if you’d like and serve with crème fraiche.
For more information, please visit: