Broadcast: 11 July 2015
Presenter: Herb Faust
Herb Faust, the only Aussie to have beaten an Iron Chef, shares his Thai heritage and cooks a lemongrass skewered chicken dish.
Roasted red dressing
- Fresh red chili
- Dried long red chili
- Coriander root
- Dried prawns
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Coconut cream
- Fish sauce
- Palm sugar
1) Rough chop all of your ingredients and place into a pan/wok with a little oil, let it cook for about three or four minutes.
2) Add coconut cream and simmer for about 5 minutes until thick, once done, set it aside to cool slightly.
3) Puree in a blender, adjust seasoning with fish sauce and palm sugar.
Lemongrass Skewered Chicken
- Mt Barker Chicken Breast
1) Split lemongrass into four pieces; sharpen the root using a knife.
2) Cut chicken into cubes then insert onto the lemongrass and place onto a greaseproof lined baking tray.
3) Cook in 180 degree preheated oven for five minutes, once done, allow it to rest in a warm place for a few minutes.
4) Place the cooked chicken on a platter, smother with roasted read dressing and finish with crunchy black rice and coriander leaves.